Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bodum Flatware!

The sketches for my brand identity project! We chose a company to do a brand analysis for. Once that was done, we chose a product line to introduce to their family of objects. I chose Bodum, and I wanted to apply their aesthetic to flatware.

bodumsketch_4

bodumsketch_6

bodumsketch_8
This is the set I'm going to produce. I took the very iconic form of the handle style Bodum uses for their coffee presses and extruded it. I've also brought in the hardware used on those products. It's sort of the reverse of those open air flatware that's out there. The material choices: aluminum and black acrylic, but I will paint foam to look like aluminum because I don't want to spend so much money on an appearance model if these won't get kept out for display.

No comments: